Straight hair is always in vogue as it looks stylish and is easy to manage. The problem, however is that chemically straightening hair using various tools damages your hair in the long run. They may look beautiful at the start but eventually they are dried out growing split the ends and starts to look ugly.
Let us tell you a few side effects of chemically straightening hair. They damage the hair deeply and create allergic reactions, some of the allergies due to hair straightening include itchiness on the scalp, redness of scalp, rashes, itching of the eye and red eye. These few are the side effects of chemically straightening hair and that’s the reason natural ways to straighten hair should be adopted.
Fortunately there are some other methods to straighten out your hair naturally, without using heat or chemicals. You won’t get the pin-straight look from the iron, but you’ll have healthier hair that’s more or less straight with volume. Let us discuss some simple tips to straighten hair naturally at home.
Tips to Straighten Hair Naturally at Home
1. Brush Wet Hair Until it Dries
- After washing your hair let it naturally air dry completely, but continue to brush it every five minutes.
- Pull out and hold each section of hair for a few seconds to straighten out.
- You can also do this in front of a steady hand fan, but it requires constant brushing.
It is a very simple way to straighten hair at home.
2. Straighten your Hair with Hair Bands
- Start with washing and conditioning your hair.
- Squeeze excess moisture from hair using a towel.
- Use a comb to de-tangle your hair.
- Now divide hair into two sections.
- Wrap elastic hair bands in intervals along the tails.
- Let them dry naturally and now remove the hair bands.
Straightening hair naturally at home can never be as easy as this.
3. Roll the Hair
- Use large rollers to roll sections of wet hair and pin them tightly up against your head.
- Let them dry naturally.
- Now take off the hair rollers.
- Use a comb to style the hair your way.
- This method of straightening hair is also helpful if your have strong wavy hair.
Using rollers is a very simple way to straighten hair at home.
- Mix 1 cup of coconut milk with 1 tbsp of honey and let it soak into your hair and scalp for one hour before rinsing out, wash after with a shampoo.
- You can also mix 2 cups milk with 1 egg. Soak your hair in it for 10 minutes, then squeeze out, wrapping with a plastic cover for another 30 minutes. Wash out and brush dry.
- Take 1 cup coconut milk, 5-6 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp olive oil. Apply to hair and let it stay for 10 minutes before washing out.
These hair masks will give nourishment to your hair and at the same time Straighten your hair naturally at home without giving you the side effects of chemically straightening hair.
Above discussed were a few simple tips to straighten hair at home naturally.
We hope you liked our article. Please share this article on Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Google Plus, Quora, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp and alike.