Virender Sehwag Height, Weight, Age, Wife & More
|Real Name||Virender Sehwag|
|Nickname||Viru, Nawab of Najafgarh, Sultan of Multan|
|Profession||International Cricketer (Plays for India)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height in cm||170 cm|
|Height in meters||1.70 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5 Feet 7 Inches (5′ 7″)|
|Weight in Kg||63 Kgs|
|Weight in Pounds||138 lbs|
|International Debut||ODI- 1 April 1999 against Pakistan
Test- 3 November 2001 against South Africa
T20- 1 December 2006 against South Africa
|Jersey Number||#5 (IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders)
|IPL Team||Kings XI Punjab|
|Nature on field||Calm but aggressive batting style|
|Favourite shots||Square cut|
|Records (main ones)||1. He holds the record of highest score by any Indian player in an innings in Test Cricket, he scored 319 against South Africa in 2008.
2. He holds the record of hitting fastest triple century in Test Cricket (278 balls)
3. He became the first Indian player to hit triple-century in Test Cricket. He played an amazing innings of 309 runs in 2004 against Pakistan in Multan, that is from where his nickname came- “Sultan of Multan”.
4. He became the fastest century scorer from India in 2009 (60 balls)
|Controversies||– It has been noticed that there is a sort of cold war between Virender Sehwag & M.S. Dhoni
– Sehwag bashed at the Sri Lankan bowler Randiv in 2010 match when Sehwag was batting on 99 and only 1 run was required to win the game, Randiv bowled a no ball of which Sehwag smashed a six but the six was not counted as the extra run ended the match, Sehwag was not knowing this rule so he celebrated his century but later he got to know that the six was not counted and Sehwag was left on 99*, Sehwag said that Randiv deliberately bowled that no ball as his foot was way outside the crease, he said that it is against the sporting spirit and such things should not happen.
|Date of Birth||20 October 1978|
|Age (as in 2014)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||His family hails from Haryana but he is settled in New Delhi|
|School||Arora Vidya School, Delhi|
|College||Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi|
|Family||Father- Krishan Sehwag (grain merchant)
Mother- Krishna Sehwag (housewife)
Sister- Manju & Anju (elder) (Anju is a politician from Congress party)
Brother- Vinod (younger)
|Coach/Mentor||AN Sharma (coach at Vikaspuri cricket coaching centre)|
|Address||14/5, Laxmi Garden, Najafgarh, New Delhi, India|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes- to chat, he is a talkative person
Dislikes- staying quiet
|Hobbies||listening to old hindi songs of Kishor Kumar, Mohammed Rafi & lata Mangeshkar.|
|Favourite Player||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Movie||Not Known|
|Favourite Colour||Not Known|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Children||2 Sons- Aryavir & Vedant|
|Cars collection||Bentley Continental Flying Spur, BMW 5 Series|
|Price in IPL Auction (2015)||3.2 Crores INR = 507417 USD|
|Salary||Rs 25 Lakh per annum (Retainership Fees)
Rs 7 lakh (per test match)
Rs 4 lakh (per one day match)
Rs 2 lakh (per T20 match)
|Net Worth||$40 Million = 250 Crores INR|
Some unknown facts about Virender Sehwag
- Does Virender Sehwag smoke?: No
- Does Virender Sehwag drink alcohol?: Yes
- During his training days in Delhi, he used to go to Firoz Shah Kotla stadium on Bajaj Chetak scooter.
- In his debut test match, a match ban was given to him because for excessive appealing.
- He just loves to eat “Kheer.”
- He is the only Indian player and 3rd in the world to score 2 triple centuries in Test matches.
- He holds the record to make the fastest triple century in Test cricket.
- He made more centuries than half centuries in Test cricket.
- He completed his triple century in Multan, 2004 by hitting six, he was too brave to do that.
- In World Cup 2011, he smashed 4 of first ball in 5 matches. (Only cricketer to do so in World Cup).
- He believes hitting boundary on first ball! Rather then settling down by defending, he believes in thrashing the confidence of the bowler by hitting boundary of the first ball.
- He has his own boarding school & sports academy in Jhajjar, Haryana (outskirts of Gurgaon) named “Sehwag International School”.
- He has undergone hair transplant as he got bald.