Vijender Singh Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs & More
|Real Name||Vijender Singh Beniwal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 15 Inches
|International Debut||Athens Summer Olympics (2004 )|
|Likes to play against||Carlos Gongora of Ecuador|
|Favourite shots||Knock out punch|
|Achievements||• In 2006, won bronze medal in Asian Games. Credited for bringing boxing popular in India.
• In 2006, he won a silver medal in Commonwealth Games.
• In 2008, he won a bronze medal in Beijing Summer Olympics and became the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal.
• In 2009, he was ranked No.1 by the International Boxing Association in annual middleweight category list.
• In 2010, he won a gold medal at the Asian Games.
|Career Turning Point||In 2006 Commonwealth Games, he defeated England’s Neil Perkins in the semifinal.|
|Favorite Boxer||Raj Kumar Sangwan, Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali|
|Date of Birth||29 October 1985|
|Age (as in 2015)||30 Years|
|Birth Place||Kaluwas, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Kaluwas, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|School||Happy Senior Secondary School, Bhiwani|
|College||Vaish College Of Education, Bhiwani|
|Family||Father-Mahipal Singh Beniwal (Bus Driver)
Brothers- Manoj (Elder, Boxer)
|Hobbies||Listening music and workout|
|Controversies||• In 2013, the Punjab Police alleged that he bought heroin from an NRI many a times. But he denied the charges and was given a clean-chit from National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
• In 2010 Commonwealth Games, he was given a 2 point penalty for coming in 20 seconds late before the end of the bout.
|Favorite Food||Grilled lamb and kadhai chicken|
|Favorite Actor||Akshay Kumar|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Net Worth||3.2 Crores (INR)|
Some lesser known facts about Vijender Singh
- Does Vijender Singh smoke?: No
- Does Vijender Singh drink alcohol?: No
- Vijender is the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal after beating Ecuadorian “Carlos Gongora” 9-4.
- He was signed for a Bollywood film in 2011, but due to his marriage, the producer dropped him considering that he won’t be as popular among females.
- He was trained by former national-level boxer and coach Jagdish Singh, and Gurbaksh Singh Sandhu.
- He made appearance in Salman Khan’s “Dus ka Dum” game show with actress Mallika Sherawat.
- Once, his job was to protect actress Priyanka Chopra from the crowd, during a rally in Pune.
- His hometown, Bhiwani in Haryana is known as “Little Cuba” for producing many world class boxers.
- In 2014, he made his Bollywood debut with film “Fugly.”
- Apart from Mary Kom, he is the only Indian to have won the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- In 2009, he was ranked No.1 in the world in the middleweight (75 kg) category by the International Boxing Association.
- He is a good fried of actor Akshay Kumar.
- In 2013, he entered the Bigg Boss 7 house only to meet wrestler Sangram Singh.
- He wanted to be a soldier.
- In 2015, he signed a deal with UK’s famous Queensberry Promotions.