Discoloration of the skin under the eye is mainly referred to as dark circles. It is also known as dark rings and they make your face look dull and ugly.
Some of the main reasons of developing dark circles are mental stress, lack of sleep, excessive intake of caffeine, prolonged working hours in front of a computer, ageing or an unhealthy diet.
Dark circles make your face look dull, tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older; thus they aren’t preferred by age group, be it a man or a woman. Removal of dark circles is not difficult but it takes time and can’t be done overnight. Now the question arises how to get rid of dark circles ?
There are many ways to remove dark circles at home and you can easily get rid of the dark shadows under your eyes with some of the natural ingredients available in your kitchen.
Let us now discuss in detail some ways to remove dark circles at home and get started with easy home remedies to remove dark circles.
Easy Home Remedies to Remove Dark Circles:
1. Almond Oil
A completely natural ingredient that benefits the sensitive skin around your eyes, almond oil helps lighten the skin, thus removing dark circles over a period of usage and acts as a best homemade remedy to remove dark circles.
- Place few drops of almond oil on your fingers and gently massage it around your eyes.
- Leave the oil on overnight.
- Wash it off with water the next morning.
- Repeat this every night until your dark circles are gone.
Applying Almond oil under the eye at night is one of the easiest way to remove dark circles quickly.
Cucumber is enriched with skin-lightening and mild astringent properties, it is very quick in treating dark circles and one can rely on it completely for this purpose. They also solve the purpose of soothing and refreshing your eyes. Cucumber will help you get rid of dark circles quickly as is also an easy home remedy to remove dark circles.
- Take a small bowl with refrigerated chilled cucumber juice, and dip two cotton pads into it.
- Place these on the eyes and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water.
- You can also directly apply the juice on the dark circles.
- Repeat daily to get best results.
3. Raw Potato
Potatoes contain vital natural bleaching agents and used raw, potatoes help in removing dark circles, will help to lighten the dark circles and reduce excess puffiness around your eyes.
- Grate a couple of chilled potatoes to thick slices.
- Place each of the potato slice on your eyes.
- Allow the slices to stay for about 15 minutes before removing.
- Repeated once or twice daily is set to give you best results.
4. Rose Water
Rose water has incredible skin care and toning properties. These properties relieve your eyes from dark circles quickly. It not only rejuvenates skin but it also reduces dark circles at home but also has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Rose water is also given preference as it is cheap and easily available being all cost effective..
- Soak 2 cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes.
- Place the soaked pads on your eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 10 minutes.
- Doing this twice daily for a few weeks will completely remove the dark circles around the eyes.
Tomatoes are known to naturally possess powerful bleaching and skin lightening properties that can clear your under eye skin very effectively. So, the lightening agents in tomatoes will help you get rid of dark circles at home and it is also quickly removes dark circles.
- Take one teaspoon of tomato juice and lemon juice each and mix them well.
- Apply this mixture, gently on the affected area with the help of cotton.
- Allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off gently with cold water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily till you notice reduction in the dark circles.