Sonu Nigam Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs & More
|Real Name||Sonu Nigam|
|Nickname||Sonu and Elvis Presley of India|
|Profession||Singer and Music Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 71 kg
in Pounds- 157 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 37 Inches
– Waist: 28 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|Date of Birth||30 July 1973|
|Age (as in 2015)||42 Years|
|Birth Place||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|School||J.D.Tyler School, Delhi|
|College||University of Delhi, New Delhi|
|Debut||Debut Film : Janum (1990)
Debut Album : Rafi Ki Yaadein Vol 10-20 (1993)
|Family||Father- Agam Kumar Nigam (Singer)
Mother- Shobha Nigam
Sisters- Meenal and Neekita (Younger)
|Controversies||• A huge controversy arised in 2015 after he supported Radhe Maa by saying that ” Kali Maa depicted in lesser clothes than Radhe Maa.”
• He had some heated arguments with Babul Supriyo at the Hotel Sun-n-Sand in Juhu over the issue of royalty earned on songs.
|Favourite Food||Paneer makhanwala, paneer kofta, gulab jamun, butter chicken and tandoori chicken|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Musician||Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar, Whitney Houston, George Michael, Michael Bolton, Cliff Richards and Mariah Carey|
|Favourite Destination||Greece, Egypt and New Zealand|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Salary||5-7 Lacs/song (INR)|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
Some lesser known facts about Sonu Nigam
- Does Sonu Nigam smoke?: No
- Does Sonu Nigam drink alcohol?: No
- Sonu’s first super-hit song was “Accha Sila Diya” from the film Bewafa Sanam in 1995.
- Due to his similar singing style to Mohammed Rafi, he was earlier called as “Rafi clone.“
- He made his acting debut in 2004 with the film “Love in Nepal.”
- He was initially trained by classical singer Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
- He firmly believes in fitness and is also trained in Taekwondo fighting.
- He enjoys doing mimicry of fellow singers and Bollywood actors, which is often seen in various events.
- When he was 3 years old, he did his first stage performance by singing the popular song “Kya Hua Tera Vaada.“
- He sung songs in various languages like Hindi, English, Oriya, Tamil, Assamese, Punjabi, Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu and Nepali.
- He did Hindi voice-overs for Hollywood animated films “Aladdin” and “Rio.”
- He hosted singing reality shows like “Sa Re Ga Ma” (1995-1999), “Kisme Kitna Hai Dum” in 2002 and “Life Ki Dhun” Radioshow in 2006.
- His first album “Kismat” and later “Deewana” was a mega hit.
- He has been awarded with a National Award and 2 Filmfare Awards.
- He also co-judged Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs International with Suresh Wadkar in 2007.
- In 1991, he shifted to Mumbai from Faridabad, where he initally started off by singing cover versions to Mohammed Rafi’s songs.