Sonia Gandhi Age, Biography, Husband & More
|Real Name||Edvige Antonia Albina Màino|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress|
|Political Journey||• In 1997, she joined Indian National Congress as a Primary Member.
• In 1998, she became Party Leader of Indian National Congress.
• In 1999, she contested Lok Sabha elections from Amethi Uttar Pradesh and Bellary Karnataka and won both the seats.
• In 1999, she was elected Leader of the Opposition of the 13th Lok Sabha.
• In the 2004 Lok Sabha Elections, she won the Lok Sabha seat from Raebareli Uttar Pradesh.
• On 16 May 2004, she was chosen the leader of a 15-part coalition government named as the United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
• In 2006, she was re-elected from her constituency Raebareli Uttar Pradesh.
• In 2009 Lok Sabha Elections, she was re-elected from Raebareli constituency for the third term.
• In 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, she won the Lok Sabha seat from Raebareli for the 4th term.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||9 December 1946|
|Age (as in 2016)||69 Years|
|Birth Place||Lusiana, Veneto, Italy|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India (Ancestral origin – Lusiana, Italy)|
|School||Attended a Catholic School in Orbassano, a town near Turin, Italy|
|College||Bell Educational Trust’s language school, Cambridge City, England|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||In 1997 when she joined the Indian National Congress as a Primary Member.|
|Family||Father- Stefano Maino
Mother- Paola Maino
Sisters- Anushka (elder), Nadia (younger)
|Hobbies||Traveling, Reading, Cooking, Yoga, Interest in Modern Art|
|Major Controversies||• Throughout her career, she has been criticized for her involvement to cover-up the Bofors scam.
• During the tenure of Manmohan Singh’s government, she was criticized for being the Super PM.
• She was also accused for helping her aid Ahmed Patel whose name appeared in the Augusta Westland chopper scam.
• She had to face embarrassment when her son-in-law’s name (Robert Vadra) appeared in the real estate scam.
• In 2016, she had to appear in court in the National Herald Case in which she is accused of violating Income Tax Act 1961.
|Favourite Food||Ice-Creams, Salads|
|Favourite Politician||Rajiv Gandhi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Rajiv Gandhi, Former Indian Prime Minister (married 25 February 1968-1991)|
|Children||Son- Rahul Gandhi (Indian member of Parliament)
Daughter- Priyanka Gandhi (Indian Politician)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$2 billion|