Rand Paul Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wife & More
|Real Name||Randal Howard “Rand” Paul|
|Nickname||Paul, Randy, Rand|
|Political Journey||• In 1984, Rand Paul aided his father’s primary challenge to Phil Gramm (Republican Senator).
• In 1988, Paul volunteered for his father’s Libertarian presidential campaign.
• In 1991, he founded North Carolina Taxpayers Union.
• In 1994, Paul founded Kentucky Taxpayers United (KTU) which was an anti-tax organization.
• In 1996, he managed his father’s Congressional campaign.
• In 2008, Rand Paul campaigned door-to-door for his father’s Presidential election.
• At a tea party in Kentucky, Rand Paul gave his first political speech as a Republican senator candidate on April 15, 2009.
• On May 18, 2009, Paul won the Republican senatorial primary.
• On January 5, 2011, rand Paul was sworn in as a senator.
• In 2012, Paul endorsed Mitt Romney for the 2012 presidential election.
• In 1014, he joined Tea Party in filing a class-action lawsuit against the Federal Government’s phone records.
• On April 7, 2015, Rand Paul officially announced his presidential candidacy for the 2016 presidential election.
• On February 3, 2016, he announced the suspension of his presidential campaign.
|Biggest Rival||Ted Cruz|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 71 kg
in Pounds- 157 lbs
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1963|
|Age (as in 2015)||53 Years|
|Birth Place||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Lake Jackson, Texas|
|School||Brazoswood High School, Clute, Texas|
|College||Baylor University, Waco, Texas, Duke University School of Medicine (Duke Med), Durham, North Carolina, USA|
|Educational Qualifications||Doctor of Medicine (MD)|
|Family||Father- Ron Paul (Former US Representative)
Mother- Carol Wells
Brothers- Ronnie Paul, Robert Paul
Sisters- Joy Paul, Lori Paul
|Address||Bowling Green, Kentucky|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Biking, Playing Golf, Palying Baseball, Doing Charity|
|Controversies||• In 2007, he gave a controversial statement that “Iran with only one nuclear weapon is not a threat for our national security”.
• In 2010, he was criticized for his statement that to provide affordable health-care services to all is like forcing doctors into slavery.
• In 2009, he made another controversial statement supporting the absolute right of the private property owners.
• He caused a great deal of controversy by saying that he believed businesses had the right to discriminate on the basis of race.
|Favorite Politician||Martin Luther King Jr.|
|Favorite Film||Enemy of the State|
|Favorite Book||Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich A. Hayek, Human Action by Ludwig von Mises|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Kelley Paul (political consultant, married 1990)|
|Children||Son- William Paul (born 1992), Duncan Paul (born 1997), Robert Paul (born 2000),
|Net Worth||2.5 million USD|