Nitish Kumar Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs & More
|Real Name||Nitish Kumar|
|Party||Janata Dal (United)(JD(U), 2003)|
|Political Journey||1971: Became a member of Ram Manohar Lohiya’s youth wing, Samajwadi Yuvajan Sabha
1974: Joined the JP movement, arrested under the Maintenance of Internal Security Act
1975: Arrested during the infamous Emergency
1989: Appointed as Secretary General of Janata Dal, Bihar. Elected as a Member of Parliament for the first time
1990: Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Cooperation
1999: Union Minister for Surface Transport
2000: Union Minister of Agriculture
2000: Chief Minister of Bihar for the first time for only 7 days as he couldn’t prove majority
2001: Union Minister for Railways
2005: Elected Chief Minister of Bihar for the second time with BJP’s support
2010: Groundbreaking victory as the CM and leader of NDA campaign in the assembly election
2014: Broke up with the long time partner BJP, after which his party was defeated badly in Lok Sabha elections and he resigned as CM.
2015: Was re-made the Chief Minister and made a Mahagathbandhan that includes Rashtriya Janata Dal, Indian National Congress and Janata Dal (United)
|Biggest Rival||Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 37 Inches
– Waist: 30 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|Date of Birth||1 March 1951|
|Age (as in 2015)||64 Years|
|Birth Place||Bakhtiarpur, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Bakhtiarpur, Bihar, India|
|School||Shree Ganesh High School, Bakhtiarpur
Patna Science College, Patna
|College||Bihar College of Engineering, Patna|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering|
|Debut||Contested in the assembly elections as a member of the Janata Party (1977)|
|Family||Father- Kaviraj Ram Lakhan Singh (Ayurvedist)
Mother- Parmeshwari Devi
Brothers- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading and watching films|
|Controversies||• He broke his alliance with BJP before 2014 general elections, after Narendra Modi was choosen as the NDA’s Prime Minister candidate.
• His alliance with his long time opposition RJD of Lalu Prasad Yadav and Congress in 2015 Bihar elections was highly criticized.
• He landed in a controversy after a video of him meeting a “tantrik” went viral during 2015 Bihar elections.
• After he sacked his Excise Minister Jamshed Ashraf in 2010, Ashraf alleged him in a scandal involving evasion of taxes on liquor that has led to revenue losses worth 500 crore (INR).
• Appointing and removing of Bihar’s CM, Jitan Ram Manjhi created a lot of fire.
|Favourite Politician||Jaiprakash Narayan|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Late Manju Kumari Sinha (Teacher)|
|Net Worth||40.37 Lacs (INR)|
Some lesser known facts about Nitish Kumar
- Does Nitish Kumar smoke?: No
- Does Nitish Kumar drink alcohol?: No
- Before politics, he worked in Bihar State Electricity Board for some time.
- There are 2 biographies written on him: “Single Man: The Life And Times of Nitish Kumar of Bihar” by Sankarshan Thakur and “Nitish Kumar and The Rise of Bihar” by Arun Sinha.
- His only son, Nishant is a graduate from Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra.
- His work as the Union minister for railways from 1998 to 2004 was highly appreciated as he improved the condition of the railways during his tenure.
- His son, Nishant is 3 times richer than him.
- He received awards like “Business Reformer of the Year” and “The Best Politician of the Year.“
- His father, Kaviraj Ram Lakhan Singh was a freedom fighter in the struggle for India’s independence.
- His father left the Indian National Congress (INC) and joined the Janata Party, because he wasn’t given a party ticket to contest in general elections of 1952.
- He introduced the “Jankari Scheme“, the electronic version of the RTI Act in Bihar.