Navjot Singh Sidhu Height, Weight, Age, Wife & More
|Real Name||Navjot Singh Sidhu|
|Nickname||Sixer Sidhu, Sheri Paaji and Sidhu Paaji|
|Profession||Cricketer, Politician and Commentator|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 77 kg
in Pounds- 170 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 34 inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||ODI- 9 October against Australia in Chennai
Test- 12 November 1983 against West Indies at Ahmedabad
|Jersey Number||Not Known|
|Nature on field||Very aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan|
|Favourite shots||Hitting over the top|
|Records (main ones)||• His highest ODI score of 134 against England at Gwalior in 1993.
• He made a unique record of getting 500 Test runs in a year thrice, in 1993, 1994 and 1997.
• He became the first Indian cricketer to score 5 centuries in ODI’s.
• His epic 11 hours at the cricket crease against West Indies in 1996–97, where he made 201 runs.
|Career Turning Point||When he was selected for the 1987 Cricket World Cup.|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Date of Birth||20 October 1963|
|Age (as in 2015)||51 Years|
|Birth Place||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala|
|College||Mohindra College, Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|Family||Father-Sardar Bhagwant Singh (Cricketer)
Mother- Not Known
Brothers- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Hobbies||Internet surfing and learning new things|
|Controversies||• In 1988, he had a road rage incident, for which he was convicted in 2006, but after appealing to the Indian Supreme Court, his sentence was suspended.
• He was accused by Star India for breaching a contractual agreement by working as a commentator for Set Max’s Indian Premier League 2014.
• The All India Sikh Student Federation (AISSF) logged a complaint against him to Akal Takht for twisting words from Gurubani.
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Navjot Kaur Sidhu (Doctor and Politician)|
|Children||Daughter- Rabia Sidhu
Son- Karan Sidhu
|Net Worth||15 Crores (INR)|
Some lesser known facts about Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Does Navjot Singh Sidhu smoke?: No
- Does Navjot Singh Sidhu drink alcohol?: No
- Sidhu walked out of 1996 tour of England because he thought his captain Mohammad Azharuddin was frequently abusing him.
- He was dropped after playing only two Tests , but he made a strong comeback in the World Cup in 1987.
- He and his wife are known are known for their honest work due to which they have issues with the Akali government in Punjab for their way of working.
- He made a special appearance in various movies like ABCD 2, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi and Mera Pind.
- He was a popular contestant of Big Boss 6, but made an early exit due to political commitments.
- Despite being a Sikh, he has immense knowlege and respect for Hindu religion and is a vegetarian too.
- He is considered to have mastered meditation, which he started as a result of tough times after his father’s demise.
- After a long-time absence from his Lok Sabha constituency, an NGO offered a reward of Rs 2 lakh for getting him back.
Also check out:-Narendra Modi Height