Mahendra Singh Dhoni Height, Weight, Age, Affairs & More
|Real Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Nickname||MSD, MS, Mahi|
|Profession||International Cricketer (Plays for India)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height in cm||175 cm|
|Height in meters||1.75 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5 Feet 9 Inches (5′ 9″)|
|Weight in Kg||70 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||154 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Jersey Number||#7 – IPL (CSK)
#7 – India
|Domestic/State Team||Jharkhand Cricket Team|
|IPL Team||Chennai Super Kings (CSK)|
|Nature on field||very cool and calm|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan|
|Favourite shot||Helicopter Shot|
|Records (main ones)||1. India has won first T20 world cup under his captaincy in 2007
2. He has led Indian team to win 2011 ICC world cup.
3. Under his captaincy, India holds the record of most wins in all 3 formats.
4. He holds the record of leading India for most number of Test matches (59)
5. He holds the record of most dismissals by any Indian wicketkeeper in all 3 formats.
6. He is the only captain under whose captaincy a team bagged all the 3 ICC trophies (World T20, World Cup & Champions Trophy)
|Career Turning Point||When he was selected from BCCI’s small-town talent-spotting initiative (TRDW) while he was playing a match at Jamshedpur in 2003.|
|Controversies||1. Match fixing In IPL, involvement of CSK owners.
2. His decisions behind selection of team. He is often criticised by fans for not including senior players in his team.
|Date of Birth||7 July 1981|
|Age (as in 2014)||33 Years|
|Birth Place||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College||he went to Ranchi’s St. Xaviers College but didn’t complete his graduation.|
|Educational Qualification||college dropout|
|Family||Father – Pan Singh (MECON employee; worked at Junior Management position)
Mother – Devki Devi (housewife)
Brother– Narendra Singh Dhoni (Elder)
Sister- Jayanti Gupta (Elder)
|Address||Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes- Riding Bikes, playing football, playing with his pet animals
Dislikes-English Songs and Working out at Gym.
|Hobbies||Listening music, ghazals and songs by Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar, Loves to ride bikes, Enjoys playing badminton and Football|
|Favourite Player||Adam Gilchrist|
|Favourite Actress||Angelina Jolie, Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Movie||Agneepath and Sholay|
|Favourite Colour||Blue and Black|
|Favourite Food||Chicken butter masala with naan and chicken tikka pizza|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Deepika Padukone (actress), Asin (actress), Lakshmi Rai (south Indian actress), Sakshi Rawat|
|Girlfriend (at present)||N/A|
|Wife/Spouse||Sakshi Singh Rawat|
|Marriage Date||July 04, 2010|
|Children||1 daughter – Ziba|
|Cars collection||Open Mahindra Scorpio, Maruti SX4, Hummer H2, Toyota Corolla, Land Rover Freelander, GMC Sierra, Mitsubishi Pajero Sfx, Mitsubishi Out Lander, Porsche 911, Audi Q7 SUV, Ferrari 599|
|Bikes collection||Hero Karizma ZMR, Yamaha Rxz, Yamaha Thundercat, Yamaha Rx, Ducati 1098, Yamaha Rd 350, Tvs Apache, Kawasaki zx14r Ninja, Confederate Hellcat X 132, Harley Davidson Fat boy, Enfield Machismo, Customized Tvs Dirt bike|
|Price in IPL Auction (2014)||Rs 12.5 Crore|
|Salary||Rs 1 crore per annum (Retainership Fees)
Rs 7 lakh (per test match)
Rs 4 lakh (per one day match)
Rs 2 lakh (per T20 match)
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
Some unknown facts about Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Does Mahendra Singh Dhoni smoke?: No
- Does Mahendra Singh Dhoni drink alcohol?: Yes, occasionally
- He uses to be a goalkeeper in his school football team.
- He started focusing on cricket after class 10th.
- He was very good at studies in his school days.
- He is one of the highest tax payers in India in the years 2012, 2013 & 2014.
- He worked as a Train Ticket Examiner (TTE) for 3 years (2001-2003) at Kharagpur (West Bengal) railway station.
- In his debut international match against Bangladesh, he got run out on duck.
- Dhoni met Sakshi (his wife) at Taj Bengal, Kolkata where she was working as a trainee in the hotel. Indian team stayed at the hotel for playing the match at Edens Garden, Kolkata.
- He is good friends with Bollywood stars Biapsha Basu, John Abraham & Deepika Padukone.
- He was ranked 22nd in the list of “Forbes world’s 100 highest paid athletes”.
- He announced his test retirement in late 2014 during the Australia tour, he was only 1 test match defeat away for equaling the record of being captain of most defeated test matches.
Also check out:-Esha Gupta Height, Weight