Lalu Prasad Yadav Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs & More
|Real Name||Lalu Prasad Yadav|
|Party||Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD, 1977)|
|Political Journey||1977: Elected to the 6th Lok Sabha at the age of 29
1980-1989: Member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly.
1989: Leader of Opposition in Bihar Legislative Assembly, Convener of Public Undertakings Committee, Chairman of the Pustakalaya Committee and elected in the 9th Lok Sabha
1990-1995: Member of the Bihar Legislative Council.
1990-1997: Chief Minister of Bihar.
1995-1998: Member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly.
1996: Exposed for his fodder scam.
1997: Formed Rashtriya Janata Dal.
1998: Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha.
1998-1999: Committee of Home Affairs, General Purpose, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
2004: Re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha and appointed as the Railways Minister.
2009: Re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha.
2013: Sentenced 5 years in jail for his involvement in fodder scam and was disqualified from Lok Sabha.
|Biggest Rival||Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 37 Inches
– Waist: 33 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
|Date of Birth||11 June 1948|
|Age (as in 2015)||67 Years|
|Birth Place||Phulwaria, Gopalganj, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Phulwaria, Gopalganj, Bihar, India|
|College||B. N. College, Patna University, Patna, Bihar|
|Educational Qualifications||B.A. and LL.B.|
|Debut||Elected in the 6th Lok Sabha (1977)|
|Family||Father- Kundan Rai
Mother- Marachhiya Devi
|Hobbies||Cooking, folk music, rural dance and reading books of famous people|
|Controversies||• He has been convicted by the special CBI court and later arrested in the “Fodder Scam” of 1996, which involved an amount of 9.50 billion (INR).
• In 2004, he accused BJP’s leader L.K.Advani in conspiring the death of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, and even called him an “international absconder.”
• Criticized for using Osama bin Laden’s look-alike during his campaigning to get Muslim votes in the 2005 Bihar elections.
• In 1998, a case was filed against him and his wife for their disproportionate assets against income.
|Favourite Food||Litti-chokka and sattu|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Rabri Devi (Politician)|
|Children||Daughter- Misha Bharti, Rohini Acharya, Chanda, Ragini, Dhannu, Hema and Lakshmi
Son- Tej Pratap and Tejasvi
|Net Worth||2 Crore (INR)|
Some lesser known facts about Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Does Lalu Prasad Yadav smoke?: No
- Does Lalu Prasad Yadav drink alcohol?: No
- Lalu doesn’t know his real date of birth and uses the dates given in his educational documents i.e. June 11, 1948.
- His first job was of a clerk in Bihar Veterinary College, Patna.
- He became the chief minister of Bihar in 1990.
- In 1977, he formed a new party called “Rashtriya Janata Dal” after separationg from the Janata Dal.
- In 1996, his Fodder Scam was exposed in which an amount of 9.50 billion (INR) was involved. After which, he resigned from Chief Minister’s post and with some other officials were convicted in the case.
- In 1970, when he was aged 22, he entered into politics by becoming the General Secretary of Patna University Students Union.
- His eldest daughter, Misa was named after Maintenance of Internal Security Act, after he and many other people were thrown into jails during Emergency.
- In 1977, he won a Lok Sabha seat and became one of the youngest member parliament, at the age of 29.