R. Rahman Height, Weight, Age, Affairs & More
|Real Name||Allah Rakha Rahman|
|Nickname||Isai Puyal and The Mozart of Madras|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 33 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
|Date of Birth||6 January 1967|
|Age (as in 2015)||48 Years|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Padma Seshadri Bal Bhavan, Chennai
Madras Christian College, Chennai
|College||Trinity College of Music, Oxford University, United Kingdom|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Western Classical Music|
|Family||Father- R. K. Shekhar (Music Composer)
Mother- Kareema Beegum
Sisters- A. R. Reihana, Fathima Rafiq and Ishrath Qadri
|Controversies||A fatwa or fringe was issued against him for composing music of biopic on Prophet Muhammad, called “Muhammad: The Messenger of God.”|
|Favourite Food||Palak Paneer and Rasam-Rice|
|Favourite Musician||Ilayaraja, Mohammad Rafi and Michael Jackson|
|Favourite Destination||Chennai, Mumbai and London|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Daughter- Khatija and Rahima
|Salary||5-8 Crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$280 million|
Some lesser known facts about A. R. Rahman
- Does A. R. Rahman smoke?: No
- Does A. R. Rahman alcohol?: No
- Rahman was known earlier known as A. S. Dileep Kumar before he coverted from Hindu to Islam.
- He has bagged so many prestigious awards like Academy Awards, 2 Grammy Awards, a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe, 4 National Film Awards, 15 Filmfare Awards and 13 Filmfare Awards South.
- When he entered his adult, he made a rock group calle “Nemesis Avenue.”
- His father died when he was just 9 years old.
- Following the footsteps of his father, he incepted his early training in music from Master Dhanraj.
- In 1987, he started composing short songs for ad commercials, first among them was Allwyn’s new trendy range of watches. And, in the span of 5 years he composed around 300 of them.
- Unlike other musicians, he prefers composing music at night time.
- In 1989, his family converted to Islam from Hindu after his sister felt magical relief out of her severe illness from the blessings of a Pir Qadri called Sheik Abdul Qadir Jeelani.
- In 1991, her met a producer, Sharada Trilok, who introduced him to her cousin, Mani Ratnam who got so impressed with his performance, that he gave him a breakthrough in film “Roja.”
- He is a global ambassador of the WHO’s “Stop TB Partnership” and also supports “Save the Child” in India.
- Though, he loves composing music of all genders, but romantic is his favorite.
Also check out:-Sudesh Lehri Height, Weigh